it started as a personal dream of getting pledges for good deeds. it continues now as inspiring acts that we hear about to help others in their own hopes ... no matter how big or small the deed ... or the dream.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dreams & Deeds update

Honestly, i've been wanting to blog more often to keep people updated... but I wanted to blog about the deeds I've done done as well. Some deeds, however, are Holland-based, so i can't blog about them yet. I will therefore just mention those who have given me their pledges and what their good deed requests are... and once again express my gratitude for their support:

Astrid - be her tour guide when she gets there
Nicolle - alagaan si Astrid (your normal check up on her every now and then, hehe)
Martina - happy deed
Faye & Alfa - help a dog/ cat find a home (actually, i was waiting for this to come up, and am not surprised that faye requested it)
Merci - collect 3 old children's books for her (dutch stories but in english) -- hehe, i want books for myself, too
Dondon - to be spiritually prepared, attend the Christian Life Program
Detremier & Jay - still waiting for them to request a good deed


Meanwhile, the fundable.org site has reached its $200 goal as well. And for this I have to thank my super - sister Aimee who tapped her network (with a very touching email that sort of brought me to tears). Once upon a time she told me that sisters could be the best of friends or the worst of enemies, and I'm glad we ended up as the former... but I digress...

Fundable people whose deeds I have yet to do or hear: Moy & Neil (one of those couples who reaffirms my faith in love) , Carol, Elaine, Carina, Melissa ( Dr. Melissa, that is : ) and Aimee- Joseph.

For the other pledgers out there, i'm doing the rounds and trying to get to everyone soon.

Overall, I'm almost about to meet my target amount of 30,000. I'll post who pledged, what the requests where and how much in total we all gathered together so we can have a nice social audit going on. hehe.

Again, labis na pasasalamat. I am continually humbled by the beauty of generosity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home