it started as a personal dream of getting pledges for good deeds. it continues now as inspiring acts that we hear about to help others in their own hopes ... no matter how big or small the deed ... or the dream.

Monday, October 09, 2006

dance with a dorky guy

ate helgie's original deed request: "dance with a dorky guy". Well, I've been taking salsa classes with gert (Universalsa), and I can say that I've had my fair share of dancing with a variety of guys already... from dorky to debonair, all adorable in their own way.

it's been a while since I had to go through the awkward social motions of knowing people in a bar or a dance club, but it's been fun so far. I'd tell some person that I don't speak dutch, only to find out that he doesn't either, because he's french! or turkish! totoo, mga kaibigan, the world is getting smaller.

it's quite a trip to be on the dance floor as well. Regardless of how good a person really is, everyone can be an Antonio Banderas (take the lead) or a Catherine Zeta-Jones (from chicago to zorro), so long as you just feel the fun. I'm sure I sometimes suck just as much as the next guy but in my mind, I am a dancing diva projecting Cheryl Torres (Fil-am "Dancing with the stars" champion).

"I walk, I fall, I stand... but meanwhile I keep dancing".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home