it started as a personal dream of getting pledges for good deeds. it continues now as inspiring acts that we hear about to help others in their own hopes ... no matter how big or small the deed ... or the dream.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

davao fishing, family & friends

I owe my brother Francis a cooked dinner. But horrible person, ehrm, cook that I am, I never found the time.

So the next best thing was to just make sure that he and cherry had a great time in Davao while they were with me and my friends (okay, am not sure if that's really the "next best thing", but I'm basically compensating for a deed undone, by justifying that it was somehow done too...).

It was great! my normally introverted "i'd-rather-stay-at-home" kuya flew all the way to davao, went up the mountain to eden park, made chika with everyone and went fishing (yes! mga kapitbahay!! nangisda si kiko!!). Of course, the fact that cherry wanted to go was probably a big factor, too.

The whole davao trip was wonderful. UPSCA friends from Manila and Cebu came together in Davao for a weekend trip: Martina, Ganter, Ong, Jody, Jim, Bas, Cram, Imee, Maya, Alvin. Personally, for me, it was the last great getaway of great friends before we parted ways again and moved on to different lives & countries. It may be a while before we can be together again.

Haaay... buhay... ganyan talaga. But I have faith that these things remain to be constants in my world. Great friends and great family. So... sometime in the future, I'll be able to cook that dinner for Kyx.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home